Monday, June 11, 2007

Manasseh - 黒歴史の謎

Actually there have been a few things pulling me down over the last few days……… that reminds me of something I read last week which is really meaningful – about the story of Joseph and why he called his son “Manasseh”.

The first half part of the life of Joseph was full of hurts and unhappiness – always got hurt by people around (some of them are even his families!). It is worth noting that when he eventually got out of the jail and became a powerful person, he didn’t let the past to ruin his life – he didn't go and shot down all his "enemies" - WHY?

約瑟給長子起名叫瑪拿西(就是“使之忘了”的意思),因為他說:“ 神使我忘了一切的困苦!

Things (such as bad experiences) that happened have already happened – and we can’t wash them away from our memories. And in fact God doesn’t want us to pretend as it didn’t happen, instead HE gave us strength to live with our past.

Can I ask all of you who are reading this passage to do me a favour - let us always pray for each other and remind each other!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger 午睡兒 said...

What I've experienced on dark history/bad memories is, some could be faded out, some could be recalled and unlocked from time to time, never get to know when could be which, which could be when...Somehow I also agree that we could only rely on His strength to live with those dark history(for those to be unlocked from time to time), and the strength needed could be enormous. If you really got some bad experiences which require such a strength, I will pray hard for you, my partner ;)

9:20 AM  
Blogger サガ (Saga) said...

I spent whole night last night thinking about my problem - and I realise although it seems fading out, it always came back hard and straight......

I really hope I can have the same thinking as Joseph... but didn't work so far.....

and unbelievably God gave me a message this morning....!

Really thanks!!!!!! I really do need prayers now.... I really have no idea how long I stay on for...

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home