Tuesday, April 10, 2007

選ばれた未来


Yesterday I went to Wan Chai 188 to get myself a PSP game. While I was there, I was tempted to get myself a NDS Lite - as the shops were offering "20+ free games" to go with the NDS!
Haha, and of course, those are pirate copies..... all saved in a memory card!
I was so tempted that I did actually go around and check on the price - "unfortunately" all the "deep blue" colour version were sold out, so I decided to wait till a few weeks later.
This morning when I was reading Chapter 9 of the book "Experiencing God", one of the question raised by the author was - "Are you willing to pay a cost for being a Christian?"
I suddenly realised it is God's grace that I "couldn't" get myself an NDS with those pirate games.

Although this is anti-social, I think that is the correct decision....... as I have already "promised" God that once I started working I will not buy any more pirate games! And how would my friends think about Christians?

Take a look of this little story I read a few months ago and you will understand....

Several years ago, a new preacher moved to Houston , Texas . Some weeks after he arrived, he had occasion to ride the bus from his home to the downtown area. When he sat down, he discovered that the driver had accidentally given him a quarter too much change.

As he considered what to do, he thought to himself, "You'd better give the quarter back. It would be wrong to keep it." Then he thought, "Oh, forget it, it's only a quarter. Who would worry about this little amount. Anyway, the bus company gets too much fare; they will never miss about it. Accept it as a 'gift from God' and keep quiet.

When his stop came, he paused momentarily at the door, then he handed the quarter to the driver and said, "Here, you gave me too much change."

The driver with a smile replied, "Aren't you the new preacher in town? I have been thinking lately about going to worship somewhere. I just wanted to see what you would do if I gave you too much change. I'll see you at church on Sunday"

When the preacher stepped off of the bus, he literally grabbed the nearest light pole, held on, and said, "Oh God, I almost sold your Son for a quarter."

Our lives are the only Bible some people will ever read. This is a really almost scary example of how much people watch us as Christians and will put us to the test! Always be on guard and remember (as I try to remember) that you carry the name of Christ on your shoulders when you call yourself "Christian."
(.....^o^.....): Thank you Lord for reminding me!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger pang said...

I'm here suppporting your decision! I didn't buy any pirate games or software since I return to Hong Kong. Although I spent (or wasted, depend on how you think that) a lot of money, but I'm proud to say out loud that I BUY OFFICIAL SOFTWARE. "Be respect to your career", I said tonight during dinner with a colleague and his friend. Yes, we do software for our living. Earn from software, buy the software.

Software: any product that does not have a physical body. That would include operating system, applications, plug-in, tools and games.

Let's spend more time on the game we bought. I've finished 40% of 連合 now.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey there. i think i finally can put comments on!! =) Good to see that you are learning and growing so much!

5:56 PM  
Blogger サガ (Saga) said...

Yes, John! as many of my good friends (e.g. you and Steven) are making their living on software, etc, it would be even easier for me to understand!

Yes, and once we buy pirate games, we start to forget we should treasure the games...... the efforts those people put in and the happiness the games bring us! Let us support official products!

I finished Zaft route (1st time 60%).... need to work hard on it!

2:16 AM  
Blogger サガ (Saga) said...

I eventually figured out why you couldn't post comments previously - as I have blocked "anonymous comments"......

Thanks! I will add oil and try to post more sharing on a regular basis!

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home